- This event has passed.
ADA Anniversary Celebration
July 22, 2016 @ 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Disability Network is hosting a community-wide celebration of the 26th Anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act! Join us at our Kalamazoo office on July 22 from 11:30 to 1:30 for a free BBQ lunch with presentations and awards. This event is free and open to the public. Bring your friends and join us for lunch!
A barbecue lunch prepared by EMA Catering will be served at noon.
A presentation during lunch including award presentations for:
- The Bob Davis Independent Living Award is given in memory of Bob Davis, son of Al & Kay Davis, who was involved in a vehicle accident and sustained a brain and spinal cord injury. He lived independently, attended the Brain Injury Survivors Group and overcame obstacles to achieve independence.
- The Jim Neubacher Lifetime Achievement Award which is given in memory of Jim Neubacher, a person with a disability and a reporter for the Detroit Free Press. Jim wrote about the inclusion and civil rights of people with disabilities.
We will be running continuous accessible shuttle service from 11:15 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. between the event and the following designated parking locations:
- Senior Services of Southwest Michigan (918 Jasper St.)
- Kik Pool at Upjohn Park
- Skateboard park (off Walter St)
- Kalamazoo Farmers Market (corner of Lake & Walter St.)
If you have questions about this event or need an accommodation, contact Kristen Potts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 345-1516 x119.
This program will be ASL interpreted.
This is a fragrance-free event. Please do not wear perfume, cologne or other scented products.