Disability Network/Michigan has partnered with Michigan Disability Rights Coalition and the Michigan Statewide Independent Living Council to hold a one-day Disability Summit. The summit is open to customers, families, support staff and professionals to engage in learning opportunities regarding self-determination and community-based living and employment options for people with disabilities.
The summit is being held on Thursday, October 12, 2017 at the Okemos Hotel and Conference Center located at 2187 University Park Drive in Okemos, Michigan.
A full day of learning and networking. Choose from eight sessions throughout the day. Get motivated by our keynote speaker, Laura Hall. Individuals with disabilities, families, providers, professionals, caregivers, school and employment staff are welcome. Topics include:
- Autism – Innovative Ideas that Work!
- Benefits Counseling – Income & Benefits – You CAN go to Work!
- Community Supports & Independent Living Programs
- Employment – How is Michigan Getting the Job Done?
- IEP Advocacy – Time to Talk Transition
- Community Resilience & Emergency Preparedness
- Person-Centered Planning – What’s New?
- Trauma-Informed Care
Lunch and refreshments provided. No CEUs available.
Click here to Register Online.
For more information or to register email Terri Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-371-4872.