Resources for the Business Community
This page provides information and resources to assist businesses with gaining a better understanding of these topics .
Services We Provide:
Training & Education
Our Community Education team is available to provide trainings at one of our office locations, at your location, or as an online interactive webinar. Training topics that are directly relevant to businesses include:
- Employee Disclosure: What To Do When an Employee Discloses a Disability
- Serving Customers with Disabilities
- Accessible Content
- Do’s & Don’ts of Assistance Animals
- Ableism 101 & 102
Visit our Workshops & Presentations page for more information or to schedule a training.
Accessibility Audits & Assessments
Disability Network is committed to helping businesses, organizations, and government agencies understand their rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Disability Network provides information, technical assistance, and professional assessments to help people understand and comply with the ADA. We are also available to perform accessibility audits of your business.
Visit the ADA Compliance page of our website for more information about these services or to schedule and appointment.
Policy & Procedure Review
If you have a question about the accessibility of your organization’s policies and procedures, we can review them and provide feedback on how those policies can be improved to be more inclusive. For more information about this service, please contact Leatrice Fullerton at (269) 345-1516 x118.
Click on any of these resources to learn more:
- Employment and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Job Accommodation Network
- Tips for Accessible Web Content
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Assistance Animals – Quick Reference
- Service Animals as an Employment Accommodation
- Virtual Meeting Accessibility Tips
- Creating Accessible Forms (Adobe Acrobat Pro)