Advocacy Academy is a paid 8-week summer job where participants choose a disability advocacy issue to learn about and then create an advocacy campaign around that issue.
Advocacy Academy is an opportunity to get involved in the disability rights movement and learn the skills of advocacy!
Advocacy Academy 2019
We will soon be accepting applications for Advocacy Academy 2019. Check back here to download the application.
Interns will learn:
- The history of the Disability Rights Movement in the United States
- The skills of advocacy
- Personal leadership skills
- How to work in a group
- Workplace skills
- How to plan and implement a disability advocacy project
We are seeking applicants who:
- Are between 16–29 years of age
- Are able to commit to the entire 8 week position
- Have a disability
- Are motivated to increase their leadership skills