Area Transportation Providers
Public transit exists in each of the eight counties we serve in Southwest Michigan.
- Barry County Transit operates dial-a-ride service Monday through Friday.
- Berrien Bus is a non-urban transit system that operates outside of the three dial-a-ride transit areas. It operates both dial-a-ride and semi-fixed route service.
- TCATA/Benton Harbor Dial A Ride operates fixed routes and dial-a-ride service to the cities of Benton Harbor & St. Joseph and Benton Township & St. Joseph Township.
- Buchanan Dial-A-Ride serves all of the City of Buchanan and Buchanan Township.
- Niles Dial-A-Ride serves all of the City of Niles and parts of Niles Charter Township. The service consists of demand response service and one line-haul route.
- Branch Area Transit Authority; phone:(517) 278-5889
- Battle Creek Public Transit operates a fixed-route system in the core urban area as well as a dial-a-ride system.
- City of Marshall Dial a Ride
- Cass County Transit provides dial-a-ride and semi-fixed route service throughout the county.
- Dowagiac Dial-A-Ride Transit serves the Dowagiac community with service to Southwest Michigan College.
- Metro operates a fixed route system in the urban center of the county and a dial-a-ride service (Metro Connect) that serves rural and urban residents throughout the county.
St. Joseph County
- St. Joseph County Transportation Authority operates transit throughout the county.
Van Buren County
- Van Buren Public Transit provides service throughout the county; specific services vary by area (more info)
- Van Buren STAR Public Transit is available to anyone of any age, capable of traveling. Download brochure.
Each of these transit systems should have an LAC – Local Advisory Council. The LAC is designed to monitor and make recommendations to the transit system on disability/ADA compliance issues. All LAC meetings are open to the public.