Join us online for the third annual Nothing About Us Without Us Virtual Film Festival! All films presented feature a disability theme and reflect the values of the Independent Living Movement. The film festival will conclude Thursday afternoon with a presentation and open conversation on disability advocacy.
Tuesday, April 18th
Theme Day: Sports
• U of M Adaptive Sports Reporting with Zach Damon at 10:00 – 11:15 AM (Film maker Zach will be present)
• Murderball at 12:15 – 2:15 PM (with special guest Peter Hughes)
• Mind/Game: The Unquiet Journey of Chamique Holdsclaw at 2:30 – 4:00 PM
Wednesday, April 19th
Theme Day: Education
• Intelligent Lives at 10:00 AM –12:15 PM
• Forget Me Not at 1:15 – 4:00 PM
Thursday, April 20th
Theme Day: Arts and Advocacy
• Code of the Freaks at 10:00 AM – 12:15 PM
• Pain Raised Me by Heather Banet at 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM (Film maker Heather will be present)
• Wrap Up Discussion: Current Events in Advocacy & Ways to Get Involved at 2:30 – 4:00 PM
All events are free and open to the public. Sign up for as many events as you like. Follow this link to register online or contact Eliot Carter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (734) 971-0277 x520.
This event is a collaboration between Disability Network Southwest Michigan and Disability Network Washtenaw Monroe Livingston. Funded in part by ADA Michigan, an affiliate of the Great Lakes ADA Center, through grant #90DP0091-01-00 from the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research.