Seeking short film submissions
Deadline: Monday, February 13th, 2023
Disability Network Southwest Michigan and Ann Arbor Center for Independent Living will be co-hosting the Nothing About Us Without Us Virtual Film Festival on April 18-20, 2023. The festival is seeking short film submissions from people with disabilities. Films must be submitted in the form of a private YouTube link, which will be used by festival organizers to pre-screen films and may be used to stream the film during the festival. Filmmakers retain all rights to their films and may remove them from YouTube after the festival. Submissions are not guaranteed to be shown at the festival.
- Submission requirements:
- Filmmaker age 18 or older
- Run time 15 minutes or less
- At least one person with a disability in a significant production or on-screen role or with significant creative control over the film
- Features a theme related to disability, on-screen representation of a disability, another element of disability inclusion, or the values of the Independent Living movement
- Content appropriate to be shown in secondary school setting
- Accurate closed captions
- All on-screen text described through audio narration (Note: Although not required, comprehensive audio description of visual content is strongly encouraged.)
Films must be submitted in the form of a private YouTube link by Monday, February 13, 2023, through the online form here: https://forms.office.com/r/fD3Xhd5SuS. If you have questions or need assistance submitting a film, please contact Eliot Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 971-0277 x520.